Thursday, August 18, 2011

Information Overload

2nd Teacher Workday over - and my brain is pounding with information overload! It's a good overload, but now I have to try and sift through all this information and make sense of it all. After being in one school for 9 years, you pretty much get to know what's going on. Understanding the schedule is easy, knowing the kids who are coming up is exciting (and sometimes scary!!), and knowing what's expected of you is a cinch.

BUT, going into the unknown is also an adventure. I like not knowing the students I will be getting - clean slates without any preconceived ideas. I like the excitement of being able to plan my own schedule around certain guidelines, and being flexible. I love meeting new people every day and feeling like a part of their family already. It's a good place to be.

My new school is a Christian school - every morning starts with Staff devotions and ends with prayer. What an amazing way to start the day - knowing you have given everything to God and that, through Him, you can do all things. My new teammate is AMAZING, which helps every time I miss and long for my old team mates. I know that God has given me someone who will love me, encourage me and uplift me when needed. I have had the privilege to work with wonderful people ... and so the journey continues.

One week today, my new "babies" will have walked in to my classroom. We will size each other up, wonder at what is ahead, and start the beginning of new relationships. I LOVE being a teacher!



1 comment:

Pike Panda-Mania said...

So blessed to have you as a teammate!! We are going to be a dynamic duo! I love you CC!