Thursday, July 21, 2011

Progress

I've made some progress in my classroom. Went in on Wednesday, and tried to get most of the boxes emptied and put away. Re-arranged the desks to try to fit them in a better way.  I nearly forgot that I still have a bunch of stuff in my van which has been in the shop for 2 weeks .... long story!

Little update about the visa - it was filed this morning and, because the expediency fee was paid, should come through in 15 days (I assume working days). So please continue to keep us in your prayers. I know this is God's will - for me to be here, at this school.

I've added some pictures of the updated classroom. I will continue adding as I change until I have the final version - just before the kids come in.

 The front-left of my class - next to the white board. My desk in the background.
 My area - not that I intend spending a lot of time here, but it's a good place to put my teacher books and store items that I don't want to leave out.
 View from the window to the door.  Textbooks on the far desks in readiness to be handed out. Computer station in back corner. Mailboxes on the cabinets as well as paper/construction paper / plastic pockets, etc.

 This will be the station where students will be able to get scissors, markers, crayons, paper, etc. as well as to find work that they may have missed if they were absent.