Wednesday, August 8, 2012

On your Mark ........

Get set ....... it's nearly time to go! Classroom is coming together nicely! I cannot believe that a year ago, I was moving ALL my stuff from one school to another. I didn't know anyone, didn't know the curriculum, didn't know what I was teaching .... BUT I found my home. I found people that I grew to love, trust and respect. I found a team mate that could make me laugh, even when I didn't feel like it. Someone who lifted me up, and helped me to settle in. Now, as I get ready to start a new school year, I think about that time and marvel how things have changed. I look forward to seeing my friends again. I feel more prepared for the year ahead - knowing what I am expected to teach and understanding the curriculum in front of me. It's been a GOOD summer! A lengthy visit from my parents helped make it memorable, and the last few weeks starting to get my head around teaching again is ending it well. I love what I do. I love looking for lesson plans, pictures, documents and love reading different teacher blogs to get new ideas!
It's going to be a great year. Need to get my running shoes on because the race is about to start. We will start well and finish even better!

No comments: